Friday, May 25, 2012

Helmet Hair: The Princess Leia

I have always been a fan of Princess Leia. Ever since a young age people have jokingly called me "Princess Leia" or "Princess Leah" because our names are so similar. Some even say that Carry Fisher is my doppledanger. Incidentally Return of the Jedi is my favorite Star Wars movie. Leia has some kickin' looks including the famous golden bikini. However I would like to draw your attention to the scene where our heroin is rocking a helmet.

Thats right! Leia on the Moon of Endor. This bad bitch keeps her head safe and her hair sleek with a wreath of braids.



















I also must give credit to Michelle Phan for making a tutorial of how to achieve this look.


But now for the real question: Does it actually hold up under a helmet? Here is my experience.

I braided my hair dry. I think a little damp, with a little product is preferable  for maximum hold and texture. Here is the best I could get it to look, pre-ride. I'm obviously not as good a Ms. Phan, my hair is a bit shorter.



As an after-thought, this look would be really cute with dangling earrings! Then I mashed my Lazer Helmet down on my head. This helmet has a really snug fit.




Oh! And by the way, the weather was much like the Moon of Endor--raining cats and dogs!


I arrived at school/work sopping wet. Peeled of my rain outter gear and changed my shoes. I had my friend take this picture of me. I think my hair held up really well. This picture is before I fussed with it., I secured the fly-aways with some hairspray and tugged at the braids to restore some of the volume. I was payed a lot of compliments on my overall appearance.


This is after the commute home. Ready to change into evening clothes. I had some nice texture in my hair from the braids. Princess Leia did too! Just add some product, teast the crown to restore volume and voila!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment