Monday, May 21, 2012

New Years Resolution: Half Resolved

This year, I made one New Year's Resolution, Reach the Beach and, for the most part, I did it. My goal was to ride the full century. After hearing about my training schedule (or lack there-of), Papa-Bear insisted that I ride from Amnity to Pacific City. It was a total of 55 miles. It was my first solo ride of any great length and I had an awesome time.
Obviously, I did not achieve my goal of a century ride but I am still proud of myself. I did 55 miles on a bike that is older than I am. There is definitely room for improvement which I will get into more but for now I remember the words of my friend, Ken. One particular Saturday I was down in the dumps because I finished a 5K dead last (I am NOT a runner) and he said:

 "Leah do you know what I did with my Saturday morning?...nothing. Good for you for getting out there and trying."

I will never forget Ken's advice and I will always hold my head up high for even making an attempt.

Also, I am completely, head-over-heals, addicted to riding my bike. I have so many plans! Plans for longer rides, plans for my bike, and plans for the blog! All of which will be released in time; here is a preview of some upcoming posts and some more photos:

1) Crater Lake Rim Ride-a metric century
2) Passion for Velo Fashion
3) Reach the Beach 2013, new goals






No comments:

Post a Comment